FTTH Solution (CATV+Internet+Voice+Broadcasting)
DIGICAST professional in Digital TV broadcasting with more than 10 years experience, provide the one-shop solution to cable TV operators to upgrade their system .
The Solution designed by DIGICAST may be easily integrated into existing network and cable infrastructure and ensure significant increase in the number of broadcast TV channels.
Service In Details
What Does HTTP( Fiber-to-the-Home )Mean?
FTTH (Fiber to the Home) can provide higher bandwidth for users to meet different demands of voice, video, and data with fiber as the transmission medium, which will gradually replace copper accessing technology. PON (Passive Optical Network) is recognized as the best FTTH network accessing technology in the industry with no active power devices and passive devices between the local and user sides. Due to its advantages such as high bandwidth, good network stabilization, the convenience of management and maintenance, and low cost, the FTTH solutions become the current preferred network accessing solution with consistent approbation from big operators worldwide.
Case Study --FTTH CATV Solution
An all-fiber network up to the subscriber is the ultimate solution for broadband connectivity because it provides virtual unlimited bandwidth and enables simultaneous delivery of multiple services. It plays the key role in next generation access networks. Realized in a point-to-point architecture fiber shows its advantages for broadband bidirectional services such as data and telephony. Regarding TV services, the RF Video Overlay in point-to-multipoint architecture is the answer for a technological mature, cost efficient and reliable solution, with the plus of a high subscriber acceptance.
Signals Source Reception:
The equipments receives digital satellite signal sources, local video programs or A/V signal sources. In this process, TS stream or HDMI video signals are converted to IP stream output. Here recommend our high-quality head-end equipment suitable for this system. They are typical products of professional satellite receiver IRD, MPEG-2 SD encoder and MPEG-4 HD encoder.
Equipment List :
- DMB-90E Professional receiver (IRD)
- Satellite FTA DVB-S/S2 Tuner--(DMB-90E Multi channel professional receiver)
It supports 8/12/16/20 up to 24*Tuner(DVB-S/S2,DVB-T/T2, DVB-C, ATSC,ISDB-T/Tb, DTMB for option) input + 2*ASI(separate) input and 256*IP(SPTS)/4*IP(MPTS) + 2*ASI(separate) output
- DMB-9004CIA Encrypt DVB-S2 RF descrambling via cam card--(DMB-9004CIA Multi channel professional receiver)
Input: 4*Tuner(DVB-S/S2/T2/T/C)+1*ASI in(de-mux)+4*IP(GigE,de-mux); 4*CI decryption. Output:
- Encoder--Broadcast HD MPEG4 AVC Encoder(DMB-8820E Multi channel HDMI encoder)
Input: 2*ASI(separate) + 4/8/12/16/20 and up to 24 Channel HDMI.Output: 2*ASI(separate)+N*IP(SPTS)+1*IP(MPTS).
- Modulator---(DMB-24E IP to RF Modulator )
DMB-24E support 3*GigE IP Data ports input and 6*ASI input to 32 QAM DVB-C or 16 RF standards DVB-T/ATSC/ISDB-T non-adjacent frequency output,furthermore data 1 port also can be used as IP output.
- Encoder & Modulator (DMB-9581E HDMI to RF Encoder & Modulator )
DMB-9581E supports H.264 HD, integrating encoding 8/12/16/20 up to 24*HDMI in, multiplexing, encapsulation and modulation with its excellent performance of HD encoding and modulation. Output RF with DVB-T/DVB-C/ATSC/ISDB-T/ DTMB for option. Also support 127*SPTS over IP(UDP/RTP)/1*MPTS, 2*ASI(independent) output
- OLT of the local side (Machine room) is the core of the CATV PON system. It provides uplink interfaces with high speed for information accessing, including voice, data, and PON interfaces for the passive optical distribution network. OLT is also the control center of the CATV PON system, by which the network management system accomplishes operations, management, and maintenance of the CATV PON system.
- EDFA of the local side (Machine room) amplifies the received CATV front signal then transmits it. Its uplink interface connects the FTTH CATV front-end optical transmitter, and the downlink interface connects the input port of the WDM device.
- WDM device of the local side (Machine room) is a passive device installed between OLT/EDFA and ODN with the function of multiplexing CATV downstream signal and PON signal of upstream and down steam together.
- Optical TransmitterA key component of an RF Video Overlay system is the optical transmitter converting the electrical TV signal into an optical modulated signal. The optical wavelength is generally chosen in the range of 1550 nm because optical amplifiers with high performance are available for this wavelength.
- ONU of the user side provides interface for services such as data, CATV FFTH network, and voice. By applying Ethernet, GEM protocol, and other protocols, implement transparent transmission of user data in the CATV PON system. The output port of CATV service data (RF port) connects STB (Set to Box), then STB connects television for programs receiving.